Tuesday, January 19, 2016

White Lasagna (noodle testing)


While I was picking up some supplies from Dollar Tree, I found these oven ready lasagne noodles.They cost  more than $1 at the regular grocery store, but I am not familiar with this brand. I picked up two boxes -- one to use immediately and one for the pantry.


I started with 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey and 1/2 of a large bell pepper diced. I cooked those together and while they were cooking I made a simple white sauce to which I added garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper and Italian seasonings. In a bowl I mixed 6 ounces of shredded mozzarella with a small tub of low fat ricotta cheese and an egg. ( I reserved 2 ounces of my cheese for the top.) Layer all this in the usual way and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese if you want.

At that point I covered it and refrigerated it. Half an hour before I wanted to cook I took it out and poured 1 cup of milk over it.  I baked it for 45 minutes with a foil cover and then 15 without.

The results were.....


Quite yummy!






1 comment:

  1. That is the exact brand I buy, also at DT. A real bargain and love not having to handle slippery noodles.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...