Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Carrots Everywhere

8 pounds of carrots is way more than we will eat quickly.  I knew that when I picked them up, but canning them keeps that fresh taste to them when I add them to dishes.  I like to can the baby carrots whole and add them to roasts and things like that.  I can also add them to soups or whatever else I chose.  When I do that I just chop up how every many I need. 

I canned 12 pints.  I saved a 2 bags for other things.  I will make an apple carrot salad with part of one, perhaps a carrot cake for a friend, and then the others will be for munching on.

I decided to go ahead and can the last of the mixed veggies and ended up with 4 more pints of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...