Friday, April 29, 2016

Freezer Inventory for May

Monday my daughter and I went through the freezer and inventoried it after our month of using a menu planned around its contents.  We are coming up on our hurricane season soon and we do not own a generator.  If we have storms, some years we don't, we normally lose power so of course, I hate to keep the freezer full of expensive meats.  It looks like before the end of this month I will have it down to where I am doing shopping for a week or two at the time for a while.

Since I am feeding on average 7 to 8 people for suppers the number of meals looks small, but there is actually a goodly amount in the freezer.

I have on hand:
2 bags of chicken ravioli
4 packages of sausage links
1 bag of turkey meatballs
1 meal (large amount) of pork ribs
1 meal (large amount) of pork chops
1 ham
1 1/2 meals of Dijon chicken breasts (the one half will go on salads to help stretch it)
1 meal of steak for grilling
1 meal of hamburgers for hamburger steak
1 meal of barbecued chicken
1 pork butt roast
2 meals of plain chicken breasts for casseroles
1 whole hen
10 lbs. of chicken wings
2 bags of mixed green beans
1 bag of Brussel's sprouts
1 bag of green beans
1 bag of multigrain and veggie blend
1 bag of asparagus
1 bag of corn
2 bags of broccoli
1 bag of cauliflower broccoli blend
1 bag of couscous
2 bags of fries
1 bag of tater tots
homemade cornbread cubes for stuffing

I am still using home canned fruits and veggies, grains from the pantry, etc.  to help round our meals out. 

I originally sat down to make out a menu, but I realized it would just be easier to pick from my list each day.  I have a few gaps to fill in for the pantry, so I will share that list soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...