Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pressure Cooked Apple Cake and Opinions

I ordered this book on a whim some time ago and when it arrived at first glance I wasn't too sure I was impressed with it.  I'm still not, but I decided the only true way to know was to test some of the recipes. I thought if nothing else it would give me guidelines for cooking times using this brand of pressure cooker.  It isn't that it is a bad cookbook per say. It simply has dishes I would have to alter so much for us to like them that it really isn't for my kitchen.

Having said that I have heard rave reviews about the Apple Crumb Cake. I had two apples languishing in my fruit bowl and all the other ingredients on hand, so I thought we would give it a try. I decided to go with a bundt presentation.  




I feel like I should offer a disclaimer here. I think the Instant Pot is a far better pressure cooker. However, I bought this one for large items and it seems to work fine. It does not feel as sturdy and does not come with stainless steel liners....which I do miss. I use my instant pot whenever I can, but on days when I have a crowd I need a bigger pressure cooker.

Despite all of that, the apple cake turned out well.  









No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...