Sunday, April 24, 2016

Pressure Cooked Turkey


The 10 quart pressure cooker holds an 11 pound turkey with no problems. I put four strips of foil for a sling under it for easy removal.  I stuffed it with my usual veggies (carrots, celery, and onions), seasoned it with poultry seasoning, and added about two cups of chicken broth to the pot.


An hour of pressure cooking and a natural release left me with a very moist and flavorful turkey. I always take the skin off so I don't mind that it isn't browned.  However, it could easily be crisped up under the broiler.  

Bonus -- this does not heat up the kitchen. I'll leave the broth and veggies in the pot and go ahead and  make turkey stock while I am at it.

We are having guests over tonight and then any leftovers will go into casseroles or soups for this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...