Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Borrowing Cookbooks from the Library



I have a weakness for cookbooks. I can sit and spend hours reading them.  I mentally adjust recipes, look for things I might like to try, and just in general enjoy them. 

I picked up these three from the library Sunday afternoon. 

My general review is based on the number of recipes I could see myself making some version of.

Isa Does It only has about 4 or 5 recipes I might try. None of them were particularly earth shattering to me.  This was one I am glad I checked out before considering purchasing it.

However, Vegan Brunch, which is written by the same author, was marginally better. Mostly I found a few pancake and bread type recipes I might would try. Again not high enough to qualify for me to spend money on.

Fresh from the Vegetarian Slow Cooker by Robin Robertson is one I would consider investing in.  I made a list of 26 must try recipes and a long list of several other possibilities. Most of the recipes I immediately ruled out were because of nut and or peanut ingredients.  Some could be easily altered though.  Of course, I have admitted before I am partial to her books.  However, the plan is to try the recipes I have marked and see if we like them. If we do and I consider them worth investing money in I will begin a search for an inexpensive used copy of this book.

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I have bought so many cookbooks that never are opened after the first read through. Smart thinking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have done the same thing, way too many times.

      Delete
  2. I don't know if you are vegan or not but you might want to see if you can find a copy of The Grit. It is a vegetarian place in Athens Georgia and the recipes are really tasty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the tip! I'll start looking for it. Most vegetarian recipes are easy to convert to some form of vegan dishes with a little tweaking here and there.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...