Saturday, September 10, 2016

Plant based Chili Mac



After a long train ride home I was craving something warm and filling.  I made up a huge pan of Chili Mac.  I used this basic recipe for my starting point.

Of course, in typical fashion I may have changed it a little.  I used freezer and pantry items to pull this together quickly.  I did use fresh onion, but if I hadn't had any I would have simply used dried onion.

I used whole wheat pasta.  My onion was red because that was what I had on hand.  I minced some garlic to add because I love garlic.  I used 1/2 of a bag of Gardein beef crumbles and added 2 cups of the pinto beans I had previously frozen.  I didn't want that much of the crumbles and prefer more of my protein to come from beans.  I also wanted to keep the costs a little more reasonable.  I used 1 can of tomato sauce because I like it saucy.  I also increased the amount of cumin.  Oh, and I just stirred in a little Daiya cheddar shreds.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...