Sunday, September 4, 2016

Pumpkin Cake


This is hands down my favorite vegan cookbook.  The recipes are so approachable and her recipes are in line with how a home cook thinks....or at least how I think. 

It's beginning to feel like fall.  I was down to 3 cans of pumpkin left from last fall's stock-up....and now there are two... 

This vegan cake is super easy to make and really delicious.  Of course, I changed a few things.  I used whole wheat pastry flour and refined coconut oil as opposed to all purpose flour and vegan margarine.

Half of one cake became dessert.  I sliced the rest and put in a tin for our road trip.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I sure will. May be a day or two before I can get it typed up, but I will certainly by the beginning of the week.

      Delete
  2. Your post reminded me that I had stocked up on pumpkin at Aldi last fall and still have several cans in my pantry. Which is exciting as I love to have pumpkin bread in the freezer and I also have a yummy recipe for pumpkin soup that I'm looking forward to making. Your cakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I did the same thing on the pumpkin stock up. I love pumpkin in desserts, but I also love pumpkin chili.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...