Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Cook Once and Eat Twice

School has officially started back for me.  I'm trying to plan my lunches around my previous evenings suppers -- cooking once and eating twice.

Tuesday night I used brown rice I had cooked before.  (I used the pressure cooker and I doubled what I needed when I cooked the "chicken" fried rice.). I added pinto beans and homemade cajun seasoning blend      for a quick and simple meal.  I deliberately cooked extra of this dish, too.


Last night's leftovers became today's lunch.  I layered leftover beans and rice with Daiya vegan cheese shreds, salsa, and guacamole on a whole wheat tortilla.  A quick microwave and I had a yummy vegan burrito of sorts.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...