- I hung all clothes (except for towels and one "emergency" load) up to dry.
- I packed snacks for our trip and bought tea from Sam's Club to save on costs. I paid for the huge package what I would have paid for three teas at a convenience store.
- I reused the back of papers from school for scratch paper.
- I rescued yarn and started a project from yarn my mom was going to donate to goodwill.
- While we ate out for two meals -- planned -- I did use coupons for each. Reducing one by 1/4 and one by 1/2.
- We used the library.
- I made sure we didn't have food waste.
- I used the slow cooker whenever possible, ran the a/c only when necessary, and encouraged my family to help me watch for hidden power draws. (Our electric bill dropped $60 between a combination of those things and using the counter top oven.)
- We tried the kitty litter from Aldi and actually prefer it. The price is better and I can pick it up much easier.
- We picked up two boxes of toilet paper from Sam's Club and saved $3.00 in the process.
- Daughter and I finally found a store brand of feminine pads that we can use without irritation.
- I called about an overcharge on a medical bill and the difference is on its way back to me.
- I've asked my family to work on their Christmas list of three items. I always request a list of one practical, one educational and one frivolous item.
Wednesday, October 26, 2016
Frugal Happenings for Last Week
Last week's frugal happenings went something like this (in no particular order):