Saturday, October 15, 2016

Saturday's Meandering Life

I was up bright and early this morning to get a head start on my day.

Since I do my best thinking in the quiet of the morning, I worked on my history lessons.  I typed two papers, read 3 sections, and emailed the teacher a question about one assignment I haven't completed.  While I was doing that I enjoyed my pumpkin coffee.

When I had finished all that I took the dog for a quick walk and by the time I came back my daughter was up.  We did some quick spruce up chores -- dusting, vacuuming, cleaned the guest bathroom, made the beds, etc.  All the little daily things that need doing.

My husband doesn't do well with white flour products and requested I bake a pumpkin coffee cake for him for this weekend.  (He's not due to be in until late tonight.). I found a great recipe on this site for a pumpkin coffee cake.  I made a few changes.  I used fresh ground pastry wheat flour, vegan butter substitute, and soy milk.  It only took 30 minutes to cook in my toaster oven.  While this was baking I spent some time talking to my son.



I sat down to read some new to me cookbooks and after a bit decided I was hungry. I'm really hoping the freezer cookbook will help me when tax season begins again.




Breakfast was a simple meal of grits with vegan cheese substitute, dill pickles and the last few lingering tomatoes.



I decided to take the time to really get the pantry straightened up.  I had kind of tossed some last minute items in for my daughter before we left and then in preparation for hurricane Matthew she had added some more.  While I was at it I decided to update my master list of what was in there.  I see no reason that we couldn't eat well for a month or more just based on what we have on hand.  I'm going to ask my daughter and husband if they are up to the challenge.  I also realized I have an abundance of pasta and rice that I need to incorporate into more meals.

Lunch was a simple plate of seasoned potato wedges.

Supper was homemade pizza and a glass of wine.  

All in all not a bad day of using things on hand.  Other than the cheese on the pizza everything came from our food storage. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...