Monday, October 17, 2016

Using Up

OI didn't get everything used up on my list, but I made a good dent in it.  My husband didn't want scrambled tofu for breakfast.  We opted for coffee cake and fruit instead.  Lunch was a taco casserole. I served the leftover garden salad to round it out.  Supper had me using up two lingering veggie hot dogs in a pot of beans and franks.  I don't know why I didn't put those on my list.  My daughter went with leftover brown rice and some toppings.







Then Monday I opted to use up some of the brown rice and some of the pasta sauce. Not a traditional breakfast, but it was what I wanted. I used the tofu for lunch and made a tofu and chickpea salad sandwich.  Finished off half of the spinach and the ciabatta roll.


Supper was gnocchi with pasta sauce and homemade French bread for me. Since we were having company over I used the crockpot to make a cheesy chicken casserole for my daughter and our guests.  For dessert we served whole wheat vanilla cupcakes with fresh raspberries.


That literally leaves the lingering spinach, but I've added half a tin of chickpeas to the fridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...