Friday, October 7, 2016

Who knew?


One of the things I am trying hard to do is recreate some of our favorite holiday treats.  My husband loves sausage balls and I try to make some every fall -- either over the Thanksgiving break or Christmas holiday season.  Since we are taking off on trip and these are great travel foods I figured it was a good time to try them.

I won't lie and say these are particularly healthy, but we are aiming for balance here.  I want to keep some of the fun things we like thrown in for the psychological comfort. 

So today I made vegan sausage balls.  And ...... they're actually good....even the meat eater likes them. 

Are they particularly frugal?  Actually surprisingly the vegan version is cheaper than the meat version I used to make.  Having said that, they aren't super inexpensive, but not bad for a holiday treat.  (I actually bought the Bisquick on sale and with coupons to further reduce the cost.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...