Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Chocolate Tart Filling Recipe

The chocolate tarts are super easy to make.

Start with any crust of your choice.  I simply used a vegan choice from the freezer section.  I try to keep a box in the freezer for emergency dessert situations.  I have tried homemade crusts with no problem, made them with crushed graham crackers, used a cookie on bottom, and also made them in cupcake liners.

The filling is vegan.

Use 16 ounces of silken tofu, 3/4 cup of sugar, 6 or so tablespoons of cocoa powder and about 2 tbsp of vanilla flavoring.  Blend well together in a food processor.  Put in crusts and chill.

I actually cannot find the 16 ounce tofu and I use the box that is almost 13 ounces.  I decrease the vanilla and start with 1/2 cup of sugar.

This has a "not super sweet" chocolate taste, but you can add more sugar to taste.

This also makes a great quick chocolate pudding.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're most welcome. I cannot figure out what is wrong with your original comment. It keeps telling me it isn't there even though it definitely came to my email...lol. guess I am having computer woes this morning,

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...