Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Frugal Happenings for the Last Week of October 2016

Frugal happenings for last week were mostly the usual. We went to get our free flu shots.  I hung laundry to dry, with the exception of a couple of loads. I found a few items at a yard sale.  I gifted some items from my closet to a family member.  I cooked our meals at home with the exception of one sophrita burrito, which my husband and I shared.  I also used the slow cooker whenever I could. I printed out school work, which is still far cheaper than buying the book.  I then added the paper to our scratch paper pile to be used on the backside.   I also finished a crocheted bag (made of yarn that was being discarded) for my sister.   When I read the list sometimes it just doesn't feel like a lot.  However, I actually had a really full week.   I also have the beginnings of my Christmas shopping list.  While I haven't actually bought anything I now have requests from several of the people on the list.  They're all quite reasonable and I'll easily be able to do them.

2 comments:

  1. Smart move on the text book. Son3 had a German book this semester that was 400 bucks. He found a semester digital rental on Amazon so that is what he finally did. Prior to that he was using a book in the library.

    I have made my Christmas list also, and even have several gifts bought, wrapped and tagged.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes no sense to me how a book can cost more than the course does. I know they have to make their money, but my goodness.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...