Sunday, November 27, 2016

Home Again Home Again

After a long week of travel, helping family move, and having a great time, we are home again.  As much fun as we had, I can freely admit it is nice to be home, too.   Today has been filled with monthly paper work, a trip to Aldi, laundry, and school assignments. I spent $120.79 at Aldi, which sounds like a lot.  However, we had deliberately eaten down all the fresh items and finished off milk before we left on our trip.  Some of the items we picked up also include pantry storage and seasonal items. I rarely buy bread, but this week I picked up two loaves.  Some will go with my husband for the week and because this is my last week of school for the semester (and I have two doctors' appointments this week) I picked up some for here for quick lunches.  So a loaf of organic WW bread and a loaf of sprouted grains bread were on my list.  I bought a lot of fresh fruits and veggies.....6 bell peppers, navel oranges, Pink Lady apples, sweet corn, avocados, zucchini, romaine hearts, yellow squash, cabbage, celery, 2 bunches of bananas, acorn squash, cucumbers, radishes, white mushrooms, baby bella mushrooms, red grapes, sweet potatoes, and red potatoes.   For the snack items and to expand lunches I bought 2 2Liter Cokes, a bag of pretzels, and a bag of party mix. Refrigerator items included 4 cartons of organic soy milk, 2 cans of crescent rolls (for a planned treat), sandwich turkey, 4 lbs of cheese for my daughter's meals, and a container of hummus.   For the pantry I picked up 12 cans of beets, 3 boxes of herb stuffing mix, 2 packages of turkey pepperoni, poultry spice, ground ginger, prunes, 2 boxes of stevia, organic ketchup, wheat crackers, holiday baking chips, 2 bags of organic sugar, and fruit snacks (to have on hand when my grandson visits).   I came home and made a quick meal for lunch -- fresh veggie wraps and vegetable soup.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...