Monday, December 5, 2016

Easy Chocolate Pie

Regardless of the holidays you do or do not celebrate, in my area the months of November and December are prime holiday season.  All the celebrations involve food.

Let's face it -- we all need food, we all love food, and we like to share with those we love.  

Since this is our first plant based holiday we decided to have a trial run at making a vegan chocolate pie.  I've heard that there is such a thing as a person who does not like chocolate pie.  Silly rumors!

I am severely allergic to peanuts and tree nuts.  I find myself altering a lot of recipes since both seem to play a heavy roll in a lot of plant based dishes.

We started with this basic recipe from "hell yeah it's vegan!"  

I followed the recipe with these alterations.
1.  My daughter requested a cookie crust, so we used an Oreo crust.
2.  I used soy milk.
3.  For my chocolate I used Enjoy Life Chips.
4.  We opted to skip any kind of topping for calorie and sugar savings, but I am sure a good aquafaba meringue would work nicely.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...