Monday, December 12, 2016

Meals in Review

 
Last week kind of flew by for me. 
I've been helping paint at my sister's new (old) house.
I had guests a few days and I spent time with them.
We've kept to our vegan meals and I think we've eaten a wide variety of foods.
 
 
I was craving potato salad and I wondered how the potatoes would do roasted.
I air fried them and then made the potato salad as usual. 
It turned out really well.  I served it with cabbage, corn on the cob, and beets.
 
 
I had a lingering banana and I used it up in some quick muffins.
 

 
We had Moroccan Chicken and I made a homemade seitan "chicken" to use in it. 
I served it with chickpea bread and a garden salad.

 
I actually air fried these.  Simple "taco" rolls made using a beef substitute ans salsa for dipping.

 
Sweet potato hash, because I love the flavor blend.

 
I made up two lasagnas and baked one. 
The other went into the freezer to have on hand for my upcoming surgery.

 
 

 
Scrambled tofu and veggies because I needed a quick breakfast one day.

 
I air fried okra.  I simply thawed some frozen and tossed in seasoned cornmeal.
I sprayed them with "Pam" and cooked them.

 
I air fried some simple cherry pastries.
These were an experiment to see how they would do.
My husband really liked them.

 
I served 3 Bean Chili with crackers.
I didn't photograph it, but I turned the leftovers into a vegetable soup that I served with cornbread.
 

4 comments:

  1. Yum! I love beets -- are the ones pictured home canned/pickled? I brought a pint of my mom's pickled beets back with me after my recent vacation; they're all for me, too, as Michael does not like beets at all.

    Your photos have me considering an air fryer -- looks like you've really been successful with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pickled beets, but last year I didn't put any up. sigh -- so I settled for canned.

      Delete
  2. Your sister greatly appreciates all the hard work. I love how it's all coming togther

    ReplyDelete
  3. I conceive this web site has very great pent content material posts.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...