Friday, January 27, 2017

February Grocery Shopping and Christmas Shopping

 
My husband gets paid once a month and I've decided to go back to my monthly shopping trips.
I've budgeted $500 a month to include toiletries, paper goods, and animal food.
 
Today I went out armed with my lists and coupons. 
I actually spent a little more at Aldi than I had planned, but they are closing from February 5th to the end of March due to remodeling.  I picked up some extra items to get us through that time period.
Also, when you see some of the mixes I buy please take into account that while I know some other brands are cheaper I do have to look for what is nut/peanut free (including processing). 
 
In the top corner is a package of 3 makeup bags that I bought on discount for $1.  These are going in my Christmas gift box because my niece will love them.
 
The next photo shows what I bought from Walmart.
2 -- 2 liter Sam's Choice colas
1 dozen large eggs
2 brownie mixes
3 cake mixes
1 bottle of Great Value brand coffee creamer
1 bag of marshmallow
1 package of cinnamon rolls
1 box of Velveeta
8 ounces of shredded cheddar
2 packages of cream cheese
1 lb. of bananas
1 bottle of body wash
1 large container of vanilla yogurt
1 bottle of orange juice
1 lb. of ground beef
 
Total $37.20.
 
At Aldi I bought:
12" take and bake pizza
4 boxes of Stevia
1 large box of pop tarts
5 bags of white corn tortilla chips
3 bags of pretzels
2 packages of loose pork sausage
3 -- 2 liter colas
1 pair of tongs
2 rubber spatulas (at 50 cents each!)
table salt
5 lbs of cornmeal mix
4 cans of evaporated milk
2 roaster hens (89 cents per lb.)
6.5 half pork loin (1.69 per lb.)
hash brown patties
2 toothbrushes
4 packages of crescent rolls
3 layered cookie jars ($1 each and are reusable jars)
2 large cans of coffee
 
Total 90.88
 
CVS
 
2 large bottles of CVS "Head and Shoulders"
1 bottle of Head and Shoulders
3 nail polish pens
 
Total $3.85
 
All together I spent $132.
I did spend more at Aldi than I had planned, but as I said some of that is to carry into next month.
The last bit of shopping I have to do for February will be a trip to Sam's Club, which I hope to do this weekend.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...