Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Au Gratin Potato and Ham Casserole -- Ham Dish #2

 
I forgot to get a photo before we started.
 
This is what I refer to as a "cheater" casserole because it begins with a mix.
The original recipe is a Betty Crocker recipe, but I am sharing exactly what I did.
 
Preheat your oven to 450F.
Put on water to boil (you'll need 2 1/2 cups)
 
In a greased casserole dish put:
1 family sized box of au gratin potatoes
2 1/2 cups of boiling water
3/4 cup of milk
2 tbsp. of margarine
Add 1 cup of diced ham
Add 1 cup of drained green peas.
Stir well.
 
Bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Top with 1 1/2 cups of crushed herb stuffing.
Reduce heat to 375 and cover casserole.
Bake for 10 more minutes.
Let set an additional 10 minutes before serving.
 
My best estimate is that this came in under $5 for the entire casserole.
My cost breakdown was something like this:
au gratin potatoes from Dollar Tree $1
reconstituted powdered milk
margarine (Aldi brand)
ham was 83 cents
1/2 of a can of peas 39 cents
1/2 box of Aldi's stuffing 60 cents
 
We had 4 large servings and there will be enough for lunch.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...