Monday, February 13, 2017

Frugal Happennings for 2/5 - 2-11

Sunday February 5th
Brunch at my sister's house and I was able to cook a casserole from planned supplies.
We watched the Super Bowl for free on our Roku, through a special promotion.
I pulled a pizza crust from the freezer and we had an easy supper. 
I only had two pieces to mend -- both from my husband.  I mended one sock.  He also gave me a pair of cargo pants, whose cuffs were fraying.  They were a little long and I was able to hem them under 1/2 inch so that he can get a bit more wear from them. 

Monday February 6th
We roasted a chicken to eat on this week. 
I used 3 apples and a couple of zucchini to make bread for the freezer -- prevented food waste and hedges for a snack for a road trip we are taking soon.
I dropped off two small bags of clothes to Goodwill.
I washed a load of laundry and hung it to dry over night.

Tuesday February 7th
We tried a ramen noodle based stir fry -- frugal, but a flop.  We ate it for supper, but opted to feed the leftovers to the birds.
I took an online survey to work towards rewards points.
I worked diligently on the Eeyore I am crocheting.  (I'm really hoping to have this finished on time.)

Wednesday February 8th
We had guests over for supper.  I put the boneless pork loin roast in the slow cooker and used a recipe I had everything on hand.  A box of doctored mac and cheese and some steamed veggies finished off the meal. 

Thursday February 9th
I didn't do more than absolutely necessary.  Lunch was leftovers from the night before.  I divided the remainders into two freezer meals.  One to go with my husband and one for here.  By supper time I was really not wanting to cook.  We almost gave in and ordered pizza.  I just sucked it up and in no time at all I had made our pancakes and fried our bacon.  It only took a few minutes to clean up, and I called it an early night.  Our temps dropped really low and rather than have the heat run all night, I dropped it a few more degrees.

Friday February 10th
The good, the bad, and the budget.  The good, I put on dinner in the crockpot and I cooked extra chicken for a pot pie or casserole.  The bad, I spent a lot of time on the road and stopped to buy a bottle of green tea.  The budget, while it wasn't a no spend day I did find 3 books for the Christmas box and I bought myself an inexpensive mug.  Having a pretty mug while I drink my tea just makes me happy.  (I recently broke one that I really liked.)

Saturday February 11th
I baked sausage balls for my family and froze some for later.  All week I ran one load of laundry as needed and today I only had one.  Except for towels, I've made it all week not using the dryer.
I filled all the soap dispensers from a bulk container.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...