Monday, February 20, 2017

Menu Monday

I'm trying my hand at the new menu sheets.

 Instead of using the side for writing in a grocery list -- I'm stocked -- I am writing in my meal prep tasks.

 Sunday -- homemade pizza (make 2 crusts and freeze one for Friday to carry off for weekend -- grate mozzarella)

 Monday -- Pressure Cooker beans and rice (soak beans, can 7 pints of beans)

 Tuesday -- tacos (take out beef to thaw, cook and package leftovers for Thursday night, grate Colby cheese)

 Wednesday -- oven fried pork chops, Pressure Cooker Mac and Cheese, Green beans (take out pork chops, grate cheddar cheese)

 Thursday -- leftover tacos (I am picking up 40 lbs of chicken and will spend the day prepping it.  My goals are to make ranch chicken strips, BBQ chicken, tetrazzini, and plain chicken for the freezer.)

 Friday -- On the road -- pack pizza and make up a hamburger helper mix to take with us Saturday -- We will be away.  Carrying beef from freezer, cream of mushroom soup, and rice.  I'll grab a can of peas and we will have a pressure cooker meal.  I'm also packing cereal and milk for breakfast, and the hamburger helper will be for lunch.

 Updated as of Sunday night: We did make pizzas, but I opted to grate all the cheese for the week.  One of my least favorite things is cleaning the food processor and it just made sense to grate it all at once so I only had to clean it once.  

 

10 comments:

  1. Good to plan ahead, makes the week run much smoother. Could you share your pizza crust recipe? TIA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pizza looks delicious. I'm the same way about grating the cheese. I will do it all at once to avoid cleaning up after multiple times in the same week. Your menu sounds good. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL glad I'm not the only one. I hate scrubbing the shredding blade...mainly because it has two sides and one side has really sharp blades.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on doing things all at once. It really makes things go quickly the rest of the week. This week, with the frugal challenge I've been on, has been particularly easy in the kitchen; just had to cook one roast and a batch of beans. The rest of the week was just assembling things. When my boys were young I thought it would have been a good idea to have a set up like Taco Bell, with a container of taco meat, refried beans, shredded cheese, and shredded lettuce. Then they could just make up something out of the fridge whenever we were in a hurry.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so excited to see that you were posting again. I went back and read all the posts from blog retirement on.

      I think a taco bar would be a great idea...lol. I love the challenge you've been doing. Sometimes people forget (myself included) that every meal doesn't have to be a grand masterpiece -- healthy, simple food will do the trick.

      Delete
  4. I am going to break down and give those menu sheets a try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took your advice and stuck it to the side of the refrigerator. (Thank goodness for my grandson's ABC magnets...lol). I love the lines to the side because they were perfect for a "to do" kitchen list.

      Delete
  5. That pizza looks wonderful! I'm getting a big order of chicken this week, too. It's my first time and I'm a little nervous about processing it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last order I placed was for 80 pounds and it was a lot of work. I was lucky that my husband was able to help with it that day. I'm hoping 40 pounds is a little less daunting.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...