Thursday, February 23, 2017

Pizza Crust Recipe

Carol, sorry this took so long!

I normally use one of three recipes for pizza crust.  I think you'll like this one best because it uses the bread machine for the kneading and first rising....much easier on the wrists.

Note -- We like a "hand tossed" thickness to our crust and I get 2 large pizzas from this.  You could easily get 3 thin crust pizzas.


1 1/3 cup of warm water
2 tbsp. Olive oil
4 cups of flour (I use any combination of whole wheat and white, or I sometimes use all of one or the other.  For the best "crunch" I find that at least half white does the trick.)
1 teaspoon of salt
2 tbsp. Of powdered milk
2 1/4 tsps. Of yeast
Optional -- add garlic powder and Italian seasonings

Run on regular dough cycle for the most tender dough.  However, if you have a quick dough cycle it will work for speed's sake.

After bread machine finishes, let your dough rest for 10 minutes while your oven preheats.  I set the heat somewhere around 400 F.

Roll your crust into shape.  (I actually use a rolling pin with this dough.)
Bake for 10 minutes.  (I bake both at once.  I put one on bottom rack and the other on top.  I rotate them at 5 minutes.)
Remove from oven.  At this point, I add my toppings to the first one and bake it for about 10 more minutes.  Sometimes a little less -- I check the crust.  As soon as I pull that one out, I pop the next in.

(I also have a quick pizza crust that is a "quick" bread.  My husband and I like it okay, but my daughter isn't crazy about it at all.  My food processor recipe only makes one crust...the taste is great, but not as good as this one.)

5 comments:

  1. Are these the crusts that you freeze ahead of time, after par-baking the first 10 minutes? I would like to try that out and see if that is a good option for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do freeze them. I have tried freezing them with toppings on and while they do cook fine, it is a messy proposition wrapping them. I only do that now if I make personal pan sized pizzas that I can slide in freezer bags.

      I just wrap them well and freeze. I take one out, set it on the counter, and preheat the oven to around 400 or 425. I add my toppings and pop it all in when the oven is preheated. It doesn't take long to bake them.

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I will have to try this at some point.

      Delete
  2. Giving this a try tonight, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Hope it works well for you!

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...