Sunday, February 5, 2017

Quick Quiche -- Ham Meal #3

 
My sister hostesses a brunch on Sunday morning. 
I always try to contribute something that is easy to transport and good at room temperature.
This morning she had fresh fruit and apple cinnamon muffins.
I made an "impossible pie" quiche.
This was the 3rd meal from my ham stretch.
 
I don't follow an exact recipe.
 
5 eggs, beaten
1 or so cups of shredded cheese (I used mozzarella)
1 cup of milk (I used reconstituted powdered milk)
1/2 tsp. onion powder
salt and pepper
1/2 cup of Biquick or homemade baking mix
1 tsp. parsley
1 cup of diced ham
 
Mix it all.  Pour into greased pan.
(I did an 8" square)
Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
Let sit for 10 to cool.
 
Doing a casserole gives me time to get ready while it is baking.
The "sitting" time for it allows me time to get to her home, which is about 15 minutes away.
So it works out perfectly.
 
 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. These impossible pies are always a hit, and so easy on the budget, as well as a good opportunity to use up some bits of this and that. I serve them often.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...