Friday, March 24, 2017

Use it Up (And learning a new skill)


I really don't like wasting fabric.  I had just enough left from the gown I made myself to make a simple doll gown.
I had to turn a piece on its side for the ruffle....but I don't think it matters that much.
In the process, I used up the last remnant of the pink bias binding, the last of the bunny fabric, and I learned something new.
This was my first experiment ruffling and sewing it on at the same time.
Normally I make a ruffle and then add it.
It isn't perfect, but now that I know how it works (and pulls in the foot) I won't be afraid to try it again.

7 comments:

  1. It looks great. I don't think it matters either that the fabric is turned on its side. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks. We have several American Girl Dolls in our house. I used to sew for my daughter and make matching outfits for her dolls.

      Delete
  3. Cute! Isn't it fun to learn something new? Been trying forever to find a zipper foot for my sewing machine. ANd one day I need to get out the DVD that came with it and learn how the button hole maker works.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am always happier when I am learning something. I don't know why. (What kind of machine do you use?).

      The new buttonhole makers are a million times easier to use than the old "line it all up by hand" buttonholes were. I could do those, but talk about frustrating lol

      Delete
  4. Cool! I am not a very good seamstress so this sounds difficult to me. You could even turn making AG clothes into a profit making endeavor if you wanted to

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...