Thursday, May 4, 2017

Trying New Things

I'm challenging myself to try new things in my sewing.  I'm assuming sewing is like most skills....if I want to advance, I'm just going to have to jump in and do things.

 So my first project is to try sewing with chiffon.  I have my "vision" for my dress.

I started by researching dresses on Pinterest that had details I liked.  I have my fabric.  I've found a pattern that has enough of the details I liked.  Now I am left with cutting my fabric and I'm afraid to cut it.  LOL.



What I have done is cut out the same dress pattern in a different (but similar textured) fabric.
My hope is that it will become a wearable toile. 

I'm not expecting to actually get to sew on it until next week, but I have everything ready.

2 comments:

  1. Getting it cut out will be the challenge with that slippery fabric. Laying down a flannel sheet on the cutting table helps, I've discovered. I'd suggest investing in lots of new sharp pins so it doesn't snag, having done that with some of my older duller pins. Good luck! I'm sure you're up to it!

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Thanks. I'll definitely pick up some extra pins.
      I was able to buy the fabric at a good price, but I sure don't want to ruin it.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...