Monday, June 5, 2017

Blueberry Scones the Easy Way (Recipe)


One of the things we picked up on sale this week was blueberries.
We decided to make blueberry scones, but I wanted to simplify the process.
I made these in silicone muffin cups for easy prep and clean up.
They're delcious, not too sweet, and could easily be adapted into an all food storage recipe.


Preheat oven to 400F.
Grease or line a muffin tin.

In a food processor bowl with a dough hook:
3/4 cup of water
1/3 cup of powdered milk
1/2 cup of shortening (butter or coconut oil)
1 egg

Whiz until mixed.

Add in:
 2 cups of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
3/4 teaspoon of salt
2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder
2 teaspoons of orange zest (I use dried)

Blend until just combined.  Do not overmix.

Remove dough blade and fold in 1 cup of blueberries.
(I used fresh, but I think any dried fruit would work, too.)

Divide in muffin cups and sprinkle with a tiny bit of sugar.

Bake 25 to 30 minutes (or until toothpick test is clean).

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious! I will have to give them a try especially since I just got notice that the blueberry fields are open now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They were really easy to make and the texture was good. I am sure they could be rolled and shaped with a little work, but I wanted something no fuss. We were totally fine with the more rustic look.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...