Thursday, July 27, 2017

Canning Soup

Before I begin this post, let me say -- the canning police say this is a no-no!  

 Anyway, my husband grew up eating home canned chicken and rice.  He's often asked me to make it for him to carry with him during the week, but I never had.  I really had no point of reference for it.  I finally ran into someone who canned it.   She gave me her directions, and I decided to try it.

 The ingredients are simple: Salt, pepper, broth (or water), cooked chicken, brown rice, carrot and celery

 My cost per jar was less than $1.00 and I can pronounce all the ingredients.   This is an experiment to see how the rice holds up.  The plan is to open 1 jar a week and see how it does as time progresses.


   

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I hope they turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We opened a jar to test this weekend. It was actually pretty good.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...