Monday, January 22, 2018

Store Sales Papers

I took half an hour to go through all the local stores weekly sales.  (I do this online.). I’m really disappointed in general.  Makes me glad I know we are covered for a bit.

Aldi basically has a lot of processed foods on sale.  Pineapple and white mushrooms are at a pretty good price.  

Foodlion again mostly boxed/bagged items.  A lot of which I can’t use.  Plus their prices tend to be higher and I can usually find the same item less by shopping around.

Harris Teeter has eggs on sale for 97 cents a dozen with a limit of 4 dozen.  This is worth considering, but they don’t have anything else worth making the trip for.  

Publix had a lot of items I don’t use on sale.  They also tend to be on the pricey side.  A second downside with them is that I also have to send someone else in to shop for me at this store. Lidl didn’t have anything grand either.  A few things I would pick up on impulse if I were in the store, but nothing worth making a speical trip for.

Amusingly the best store around over all was Piggly Wiggly.  However, I would drive almost 45 minutes one way to get there....negating any savings since I don’t need to be in that town anyway.

Walmart has their Great Value canned veggies on sale for 38 cents per can.  Not a bad price at all, but I am well stocked. I feel comfortable in saying that I was okay with waiting on all but two of those items and really considered simply not buying anything.

However, my daugther pointed out that she needed cookies or something of the sort to take to school.  I decided if I was going to buy those I would go to Aldi.  When I was at Aldi I saw that their eggs were only 99 cents per dozen, so I picked up 3 dozen.  I also picked up 8 cartons of mushrooms to dehydrate.  


Not bad.  The eggs will carry on into next month, as will the mushrooms.
The cookies will also, but even if she and my husband munch on them I am okay with that.
I’m not sure I could make them for much less and even if I could I just don’t have the time right now.

As for the mushrooms, 8 packages filled the entire dehydrator.

The finished product:

 

4 comments:

  1. I was disappointed in the sales last week too, too many processed foods like you said. With Aldi, I always check the produce section of their ad, but skim the rest of it. Hopefully this week's sales will be better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I check the entire thing. I really like to invest in the picks of the week when possible, but this week really wasn't inspiring. I hope next week is better, too.

      Delete
  2. Yes, poor sales here but I did grab 4 dozen Egglands best size large, on sale at $1.99 BUT I had 4, 50 cent coupons which doubled making them 99 cents out the door. My Aldi has eggs at $1.69/large.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good use of coupons! I rarely find any for items I prefer to buy, but once in a while I'll come across a good offer.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...