Thursday, June 9, 2016

Frugal Accomplishments for the Last Week or So

In no particular order:

1.  I made a menu of suppers using what we have on hand as the basis.  I only shopped for produce, milk, eggs, and a few snacks. 

2.  Then found a great sale on coffee and bought two bags and got three free.  This isn't a coffee I can drink, but my husband took it with him to put in his freezer.  He's set for a while.

3.  I cooked all meals except one from scratch.  The one not cooked was a free pizza.

4.  Being out of the house more days than not, I am finding myself bored with my wardrobe.  I resisted the urge to go shopping and challenged myself to find outfits on Pinterest I could recreate.  I am enjoying the challenge.

5.  I checked out some new British mysteries from the library.

6.  I did buy five articles of clothing.  I found pajama sets for my grandson, new on clearance for $1 a pair.  I bought two different sizes.  One fits now and two pair for this fall and upcoming growth spurts.  I also bought an on clearance white cardigan for $7.  I couldn't buy the yarn to make one for that price.  While I was there I found another maxi skirt for $7.  These will be combined with a nice blouse for a wedding outfit for later this summer. 

7.  I hung all the laundry I could hang to dry.  Limited space and HOA rules limit me some, but I figure every little bit helps.

8.  We ate leftovers for lunch everyday. 

9.  I have utilized the slow cooker for ease, money savings, and time savings.  Tried a new to us recipe that my family has deemed a keeper.  I'll share that soon.

10.  This may not sound frugal, but education is not inexpensive.  I've put a lot of time into my studying and I made a 100 on my first biology exam.  My goal is to eek every pennies worth out of my education.

11. We had a family fun day at the park and everyone took along water bottles. We stopped off for a dozen doughnuts as a treat and took advantage of a discount.

12.  We filled the cars with the lowest price has we could find and we continue to combine trips.

No comments:

Post a Comment