Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Recap of Last Week

Recap for Last Week

I was down all of Thanksgiving week and on into this week with the flu.   Sunday I pretty much didn’t do anything that wasn’t essential.  My husband and daughter did run to the store and pick up some milk, and a few simple items of their choosing. I pulled several jars of home canned items from the pantry and put on a huge pot of soup with extra garlic for me to eat on and by Monday night I felt semi human.

Tuesday I took advantage of my morning energy and spent a little time working on sanitizing the house.  This was a no spend day and I ate leftover soup.

Wednesday I had a doctor’s appointment that had been scheduled for months.  I ventured out for this and came straight back home.  (I was fever free or I wouldn’t have gone.).

Thursday I actually felt human all day.  I didn’t leave the house, but did do a little online Christmas shopping.  Taking advantage of some free shipping.  I ate up the last of the soup.

Friday was not a no spend day.  I had to go to the next town over to pick up my new glasses.  I can’t tell you all how wonderful it is to be able to see again.  I’ve been having vision troubles since April, and we waited for improvement.  I’ve had two eye surgeries, bided my time, etc.  I finally discussed it with my doctor and told him even if I have to have new glasses sooner rather than later for my day to day life I needed new glasses now!  Saving money is one thing, but I have to be able to function.  While we were out on Friday we picked up a Christmas tree.  We more than got our money out of our last one.  For starters it was one that was given to me by my parents — they bought it around 1998.  They used it for years and then gave it us.  I had been using it since.  (We can’t use live trees due to my husband’s allergies.) We also picked up a few decorations.

Saturday found me running errands.  Lowes for light bulbs.  Staples to drop off toner cartridges for recycling.  The library to pick up books.  Apartment hunting with my daughter.  Various things like that.  Nothing that was overly expensive.  For dinner I used some points and coupons to order pizza for my family and I had chicken wings.

That’s it.  I’m not sure if it was a frugal week or not, but I feel like in the end it all balanced out and I survived it.  LOL

28 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many
    thanks, However I am experiencing difficulties with your
    RSS. I don’t know the reason why I cannot join it. Is there anybody else getting similar RSS problems?
    Anybody who knows the answer can you kindly respond? Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty! This was an incredibly wonderful article.
    Thank you for providing this information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Incredible article dude! Many
    thanks, However I am going through issues with your RSS.
    I don’t know why I cannot join it. Is there anyone else getting similar
    RSS problems? Anybody who knows the solution can you
    kindly respond? Thanx!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A motivating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    There's no doubt that that you ought to publish more about this issue, it might not be
    a taboo matter but generally folks don't talk about these topics.
    To the next! Kind regards!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Saved as a favorite, I love your website!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it does not fail me as much as this particular one.
    After all, I know it was my choice to read, nonetheless I
    truly believed you would probably have something helpful to talk about.

    All I hear is a bunch of moaning about something that you could fix if
    you weren't too busy looking for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is definately a lot to find out about this topic.
    I really like all the points you've made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should be a part of a contest for one of the highest quality websites on the internet.
    I am going to recommend this web site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm more than happy to discover this website. I need to to thank you for your
    time due to this wonderful read!! I definitely loved every part of it and i also have you saved
    to fav to see new stuff on your website.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very good tip especially to those fresh to the blogosphere.
    Short but very accurate info… Thank you for sharing this one.
    A must read post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You need to take part in a contest for one of the most useful sites on the net.
    I will recommend this site!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a really good tip especially to those fresh to the
    blogosphere. Short but very precise info… Many thanks for sharing this one.
    A must read post!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoyed every little bit of it.
    I have got you bookmarked to look at new stuff
    you post…

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is very open with a very clear description of the challenges.

    It was really informative. Your site is useful.
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This site was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I have found something that helped me.
    Many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love your site.. Very nice colors & theme.
    Did you make this web site yourself? Please reply back
    as I’m looking to create my own site and
    want to learn where you got this from or what the theme is called.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  17. An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker who has been conducting a little homework on this.
    And he in fact bought me dinner simply because I discovered it for
    him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thanks for the meal!!
    But yeah, thanx for spending the time to talk about this topic here
    on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Way cool! Some very valid points! I appreciate you penning this
    article and the rest of the website is extremely good.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This blog was... how do I say it? Relevant!! Finally I've found something which
    helped me. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. An intriguing discussion is worth comment.
    There's no doubt that that you ought to publish more about this issue,
    it may not be a taboo matter but generally people don't discuss these topics.

    To the next! Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, this was a really nice post. Spending some time and actual effort to create
    a great article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a whole lot and
    don't seem to get nearly anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Good blog post. I absolutely appreciate this website. Stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are so interesting! I do not suppose I've truly read through a single thing like this before.
    So wonderful to discover another person with unique
    thoughts on this issue. Really.. thank you for starting this up.
    This site is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with some originality!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw, this was a really nice post. Taking the time and actual effort to produce a
    superb article… but what can I say… I put things off a whole lot and don't manage
    to get nearly anything done.

    ReplyDelete
  25. After going over a number of the blog articles on your site, I
    truly appreciate your technique of writing a blog.

    I added it to my bookmark site list and will be checking back in the
    near future. Take a look at my website as well and let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good post! We are linking to this particularly great post on our website.
    Keep up the great writing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Excellent blog post. I definitely appreciate this site.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. An outstanding share! I've just forwarded this onto a co-worker who had been conducting a little homework on this.

    And he actually ordered me breakfast simply because I discovered it for
    him... lol. So let me reword this.... Thank YOU for
    the meal!! But yeah, thanx for spending the time to discuss this
    issue here on your site.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...