Wednesday, June 6, 2018
Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Monday, June 4, 2018
Sunday May 27
- I decided this would be the perfect week to only cook from what we had on hand. I made one exception and picked up some lettuces for salads. In keeping with that plan, I made up a menu.
- I baked gluten free chocolate chip cookies and froze half the dough in a log for future use. I used up two partial bags of chocolate chips in this recipe.
- We pulled "yellow sticker" ribs from the freezer and cooked them in the crockpot with BBQ sauce I bought in bulk (and froze) some time back. I served it with rice (from food storage). For veggie sides we had slaw (cabbage from CSA box) and tomato slices (from same box).
- I washed and hung laundry to dry.
- I wanted Memorial Day themed stickers for my planner and used the computer/printer to make my own.
Monday May 28
- I cooked 28 waffles and froze what wasn't eaten for breakfast. These will last a couple of weeks and give my daughter quick, easy breakfasts/snacks.
- I used up 2 bananas and some lingering raisins to make a dozen muffins for my husband to take with him. He'll put these in the freezer and take them out as needed.
- I had 5 lingering apples that became a pint and about a cup of applesauce.
- I used the crockpot to cook hamburger steak -- it was too rainy to grill out.
- Lunch was hot dogs, squash from our CSA box, and a tin of Aldi pork n beans that I doctored into baked beans. We used up 4 lingering hot dog buns. (I ate mine without a bun.)
- I moved my potted plants outdoors for a free drink.
- I bought lettuce for the week. I was going to buy organic, but it looked horrible. Instead I picked up "regular" and for two heads spent $2.61.
Tuesday May 29
- Physical therapy day and since I was going by Goodwill anyway I decided to stop.
- I found a couple of shirts and a dress for myself.
- I ran the dryer for a load of towels....not frugal, but I hate stiff towels.
- We're working on using up bits and pieces from the fridge. Tonight's supper will be fried rice instead of the risotto I had planned.
Wednesday May 30
- I baked a cake.
- We had family over for supper. I cooked a simple casserole and made a garden salad for the side.
Thursday May 31
- I made crockpot mac and cheese. Kept the house cooler. My sister came over to eat with me, and we had a good visit.
- My daughter picked up our CSA box.
- We attended our watercolor art class and I really enjoyed it.
Friday June 1
- I inventoried the freezer and picked up what few groceries we needed.
Saturday June 2
- We went to TJ Maxx and I bought a couple of huge floppy summer hats. Thanks to medication any time I step outside I am frying.
- I checked out three cookbooks and a book on CD from the library.
- We went to the Town Common and walked.
- Not so frugal, but planned.... special shampoo for my hair.
- We had a quiet family night at home.
That is it. A relatively quiet and relatively frugal week.
Sunday, June 3, 2018
I found some cute books at the thrift store. One for my grandson, one devotional, two cookbooks, and a couple of crafting/educational type ...
This week started off with a crazy bang and pretty much kept that pace up all week. Sunday -- I hung and dried a load of laundry. I did ...
Teddie, I think this is what you need. -- Shara Chinese Pot Roast Crockpot Style 3 pound beef roast 2 tablespoons flour salt/pepper Flour...
Sunday January 21st I washed four loads of laundry. I hung everything to dry except my daughter’s bedding. I changed the menu, but used...