Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Last Week's Frugalities

Last week was one of those weeks where I mostly stayed home.

In the kitchen:
  • I did some light batch cooking for the week.  I cooked two meals of chili and what I thought would be two meals of sloppy joe filling....ended up being one LOL
  • I cooked 9 hard boiled eggs to make deviled eggs with. Gotta love the Instant Pot for cooking eggs.  
  • We had chicken fajitas one night -- using frozen chicken and using up some lingering veggies.
  • I cooked a triple batch of pasta sauce with ground turkey and veggies.  I put two meals worth of the sauce in the freezer.
  • Saturday night we didn't want to cook and did pick up a frozen pizza for $10.  There's not really any price shopping at the local market -- you get what they have on hand.  
  • We ate leftovers whenever possible for the next day's lunch.
On the chore front there's nothing exciting to report.  I did the usual only run full loads, conserve electricity, etc.

I did pay a few bills -- car tags and a medical bill.  Definitely grateful for medical insurance!

I placed an order from Sam's Club and received most of the items on my list within three days.  All of them were food items.  The bonus was that I could take advantage of free shipping with my membership because I am currently 2 hours away.  A four hour round trip is just impossible right now...so savings of time and gas.  


2 comments:

  1. Great cooking! I love having things ready to go when "those" days happen. I have intended to make 2 separate dishes and wound up making just one also. Sometimes I think if I look around and see something shiny my gray matter is toast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shiny gets me every time, too LOL

      I confess I am hitting my end of tax season burn out. I know if don't hedge a little we will live on junk food from now until April 15th.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...