Sunday, July 15, 2018

Mid July -- Frugal Happenings for Last Week

It's mid July, and it seems like the last 30 days have been a roller coaster ride.  I've had a few weeks visit with my grandson, general life, my daughter has turned 21, and life has (in general) kept rolling along.

I'd love to say that things have been super frugal, but as usual they've been this insane mix of some times things are and sometimes they just aren't.

In no particular order:
  1. I had three doctor's appointments.  Never a frugal venture.  
  2. We didn't do badly on groceries for the week -- even with guests coming.  I spent less than $90.
  3. My computer died -- turned out it was simply so old it couldn't handle the workload I was forcing upon it.  Buying  a new computer even with sales prices and discounts was not inexpensive, but we did use the discounts.  
  4. I did (because I killed the drying rack) save all the laundry to do at once.  I don't know if it is more frugal or not, but at least I only ran the dryer one day.
  5. I have been using a lot of recycling materials in my journaling, which is both frugal and feels good.
  6. My freezer (the one that is part of the refrigerator) is dying.  I've transferred everything to the chest freezer.  Thank goodness I had been working to clear it out.  We are looking at having to replace the refrigerator.  Repair cost estimates are to high to be cost effective.  For now I have opted to go as is. The refrigerator is working fine.
  7. The microwave, which is over the stove, appears to have a crack in it.  Not sure why.  I'm keeping an eye out for a good sale.  I would normally just say forget it, but we actually use the microwave for reheating things....especially when there is just one of us at home.  It makes leftovers a lot easier to use up.



5 comments:

  1. Your microwave and freezer are both going out, I'm so sorry. We did without the microwave for about 7 months after it went out and my friend felt so bad for us that she bought us one as a Christmas present. LOL Good to see you posting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't even know the way I finished up right here, however I assumed this post was great.
    I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger for those who are not already ;
    ) Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your life slows down a little but visits with a grandchild are so special and worth every second of time and effort,
    We use the microwave also, so I would have to be watching for sales if ours died.
    I feel you about your refrigerator. Our ice maker is kaput but I will not spend the necessary repair amount for a 15 year old fridge, so we use ice trays. I continually keep my eye out for sale prices since this one could die any day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely loved every little bit of it.

    I've got you book-marked to check out new things you post...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everything is very open with a really clear explanation of the issues.
    It was really informative. Your site is extremely helpful.
    Many thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...