Monday, January 4, 2016

16 in 2016

One of the groups I participate on in Ravelry is doing a 16 in 2016 "along" and I made my list.  It isn't a set in stone list, but one of the things that I decided to do was put a few practical things on there, too. That included updating some of my handmade dishcloths. I retired those that had developed holes and shuffled those that looked horribly used up over to the car washing and rag stack.  I took advantage of a yarn sale and came home with 15 ounces of worsted weight cotton to use.  My husband is happy because he now has car washing cloths that aren't shot and I am happy because I now have a dozen knew dishcloths and five scrubbies for about 80 cents each if I had paid full price for the yarn.  However, I had a $10 off coupon, which knocked my yarn down to $5 -- so these ended up costing me less than 20 cents each to make.  I doubled up my time while I was watching PBS and BBC shows I had been saving to see, kept my hands busy, and added a little beauty back to my daily life.  A win win situation for me.  I also am happy knowing that the thicker yarns hold up well and I will get a lot of use from these.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...