Saturday, May 12, 2018

Trying Walmart’s Pick Up Service

Our son and his family are visiting for the weekend.  They’re combining some time with her family for graduations and Mother’s Day and some time with us.  I knew I would have physical therapy just before they would arrive, and I didn’t know how I would feel by the time they’d get here.  I made the executive decision to try Walmart’s grocery pickup service.

I had some gaps in my pantry and some items I needed for this weekend.  I also picked up some convenience items. Right now my focus is on taking care of what I can do and on healing.  While I am not out to blow the budget, we have decided that making some allowances is well worth it right now.  As always, my philosophy is that even convenience foods at home is less than sending people out to pick up take away.

I was pleasantly surprised with how easy the process was.  I placed my order online and spent just under $175.  A good portion of that being items for the family visit this weekend plus our Mother’s Day breakfast.  I also planned a big meal that included $22 worth of beef, and I bought a turkey roast.  The actual pantry and true “household groceries” really weren’t that horrible.

I checked in on the phone when we left the house and when we arrived they brought the groceries out and loaded them into the car.  I did not have to even get out.  I signed the “reader” in the car, and we came back home.  Everything was exactly as I had ordered, the produce was in excellent shape, etc.  I don’t know that I will use this service all the time, but I will definitely consider it again in the future.


5 comments:

  1. Have the grace to be kind to yourself as you recover. Your health is important, so if it means spending an extra say $100 this month on groceries, and turning to services such as WM to do your shopping, I say go for it! Check on line for promos, lots of stores offer delivery services here, and I anticipate turning to them should/when my arthritis gets to the point that it's too much of a challenge for me to physically go to the store. Be well! and enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was able to shop around here. Harris Teeter charges for pickup. I wasn't familiar enough with Publix to chance them. Walmart and their brands seemed my safest bet for this trip. I knew I didn't want the hassle of dealing with the large sizes from Sam's Club. LOL. I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

      Delete
  2. Oh, this is good information to know, Shara. I've not tried it yet, but it intrigues me. I agree with your comment that convenience foods at home can be less than sending people out to pick up take away. I will definitely be keeping this service in mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty skeptical about it and had avoided using it because of that. I think the beautiful thing about it was that at least in this case where I knew I couldn't handle the walking the store I could still take advantage of their overall low prices. The other store that will "shop for me" is a higher priced store and I would have paid double or more. Happy Mother's Day!

      Delete
  3. I have not tried it but several of my nieces do and love it.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...