Thursday, November 30, 2017

Chickpea Patties Recipe

Since I cooked one pound of chickpeas in the pressure cooker yesterday, I thought I would share how I use them in meals.  I find I don’t particularly like to eat them by themselves, but when I use them as an ingredient I am quite fond of them. I’ve always struggled with bean burgers being too wet or too crumbly.  It took me some time of playing around and after years of experimenting I have finally created the recipe that works for me.


The ingredients are pretty simple.

2 cups of cooked chickpeas (drained)
1/2 of a medium red onion, finely diced
2 tsps. Of minced garlic
2 tsps. Of Italian seasoning
2 tbsp. Of olive oil (plus more for frying pan)
Salt/pepper to taste
1 egg
1 cup of gluten free panko bread crumbs 
(If using another “grain” make sure you use dry bread crumbs.)

Lightly cook onion and garlic in a small pan.  
(I added a tiny bit of olive oil.)
The goal is to remove that raw taste.

In food processor, with blade:



Mix chickpeas, cooked onion, garlic, Italian seasonings, salt, and pepper.
(I cooked my beans without any seasonings so I tasted the mixture until I had the salt level right.)
Then add in egg and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
Mix again.
Mix in 1 cup of dry bread crumbs.


The mixture is slightly damp, but forms a good patty.


Heat a tiny bit of olive oil in a non stick frying pan.
Fry patties on medium heat until browned well on both sides.


Serve with your choice of sides, in pitas, or in buns with the usual burger fixings.


I opted for sliced bell pepper and sweet potato noodles.


The texture is firm without being too dry.

1 comment:

  1. I know this if off topic but I'm looking into starting my own blog
    and was curious what all is needed to get set up?
    I'm assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny?
    I'm not very internet savvy so I'm not 100% certain. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...