Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Vegetable Lo Mein Recipe (with options)

At the end of this post, I’ll share exactly what I did, but this recipe has lots of options.
You can cook your beans from scratch (you’ll need about 2 cups) or you can used canned — just drain and rinse.
You can use zucchini noodle, which I did, or you can use gluten free or wheat pasta of your choice.
You can use fresh veggies or a bag of stir fry blend.
You can use soy sauce or liquid aminoes.
You can use fresh pineapple, grate ginger, etc.  I didn’t.
You get the picture — pretty versatile.




My pithy recipe:



Cook your chickpeas.
I used the Instant Pot and cooked a pound with planned leftover.
If using canned, just drain and rinse.
Set aside.

1 or so cups of sliced cabbage
1/2 of a large red bell pepper
1 cup or so broccoli florettes (I broke them up to bite sized pieces.)
Carrot pieces
1 stalk of celery, sliced

Set aside.

If you are doing a traditional posta, start your pasta cooking.
If not, spiralize a zucchini or two.
Set aside.

In small sauce pan, mix:
8 ounces of pineapple tidbits in juice with 3 tablespoons of soy sauce (I use aminoes).
Stir in 1/4 teaspoon of ginger powder.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of diced garlic.
I added a tiny bit of black pepper.
Bring to a boil, turn down and let simmer a few minutes.

Meanwhile, stir fry your veggies.
I use olive oil, but you can use an oil of your choice.
I add the zucchini noodles last.
When the desired “softness” is almost reached stir in the sauce and let cook another minute or two.

Serve with your choice of sides.
I didn’t eat one.


1 comment:

  1. Very fresh and I like that the sauce is simple to make. No odd ingredients.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...