Sunday, February 4, 2018

Frugal Happenings Week 5

(I know some of these items are repetitive, but this is my personal record. I’m focusing on “watch the pennies and the dollars will follow.”) Sunday
  • Hung laundry to dry.
  • Used two pressure cookers to cook lunch.  Pork loin in one which was divided in half for two meals.  If I hadn’t been dividing it I would have done a one pot meal, but I didn’t want flavors melded.  The second one cooked enough root veggies to eat on during the week.  While I was cooking I fixed some extra cornbread as well.
  • I saved a quart of broth from the pork.  
  • I opened a dehydrated food storage item to begin rotating it in.
  • We spent half an hour working on some office supply set up that would have normally been hired out.  
  • I cut my husband’s hair.
Monday
  • I paid bills online, but had to mail 2 checks.
  • I used the broth I saved from the pork to make soup in the pressure cooker.  I ended up with a pint of the soup left.
  • I filled out February's menu on the board and placed our Sam's Club order.  I still have to go to Walmart to fill in a few gaps, but I'm pleased we have a few items from last month's shopping rolling into this one.  
  • It was cold and damp, and I really would have loved to turn up the heat.  Instead I looked like a bum all day in my sweats, but I stayed warm.
  • My husband needed a specific door knob, which we were having trouble finding locally.  I researched online and found the best deal.  It will be here this week.
  • I didn't have a no spend day.  I ordered a mop.
Tuesday
  • I printed out a coupon for Hobby Lobby.  I want — not truly life essential need — some stickers for my planner, but the cold weather kept me from going out unnecessarily.  Saved LOL
  • I did go out long enough to pick up our Sam's Club order, but we came straight back.
Wednesday
  • Did the Aldi run.  They had a good selection of gluten free products out so we picked up some items for my cabinet.  Not a no spend day, but their GF products are far cheaper than the other stores.
Thursday
  •  Went to Lowes to buy blackout curtains for my bedroom and a new recycling can for the kitchen.  Saved $15.00.
Friday
  • Took advantage of a coupon to get 50% off of some stickers from Michaels.  I also went to Dollar Tree and picked up some flowers for a small arrangement.  I shared what I picked up in the video.  

2 comments:

  1. You were busy this week, looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It was a full one. I’m juggling a lot right now, but busy isn’t always bad.

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...