Saturday, February 3, 2018

What We Ate Week 5

Sunday —
  • Saturday afternoon I baked some GF cinnamon muffins, and we had part of those with coffee for breakfast.
  • Lunch was my planned pork loin, root veggies, peas, and cornbread.  This was supposed to be supper, but my husband asked me to do a large lunch instead.  Dessert was a raspberry crumble.  (I saved half of the pork for BBQ sandwiches for Tuesday.)
  • Supper was a scrounge about in the fridge.

Monday —
  •  Breakfast was scrambled eggs and waffles.
  • I cooked chicken noodle soup in the pressure cooker using the “broth” from the roast.  I added about 1 to 1 1/2 cups of leftover steamed veggies to bulk it up and used GF pasta from my stash.


Tuesday
Breakfast was coffee and a protein shake.  Despite not sleeping well I was up well before the sun, and I just didn’t want to eat.
Lunch was every person for herself.  Supper was BBQ pork (the second half of the loin) over rice for me and on bread for my daughter.  Raw veggies for a side.

Wednesday
Breakfast was waffles, apple slices, coffee, and a protein shake.  Lunch was egg and bacon wraps. Supper was hotdogs and chips.  Nothing exciting.

Thursday
Breakfast was bacon, eggs, and toast.  Lunch was leftover hot dogs.  Supper was veggie burgers and tater tots.  Was on the menu for next Thursday but my daughter asked me to switch....such is life.

Friday morning we just grabbed waffles.  Lunch was the extra burgers from the night before. (I had cooked 4.). Supper was pancakes, sausage and eggs.

Saturday was a fend for yourself kind of day.  I had a protein shake and my daughter had cereal.  Lunch was pepperoni quesadillas.  Supper, which is in the crockpot now, is hamburger steak in gravy.  I’m cooking mashed potatoes and green beans to go with it.

4 comments:

  1. I think every home should have at least on fend for yourself day a week. Unfortunately TheHub thinks otherwise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Sometimes I think I cook more on the weekends when my husband is home than I do all week.

      Delete
  2. I thought of you today. My daughter and her husband were coming for dinner, and the oven broke completely. So, we figured out how to make baked potatoes in the Instant Pot, and then I cooked carrots as I have done once before--4 minutes on high. The meat was barbequed, and then, when my son-in-law and husband installed the new stove (yup, it was non-fixable), I cooked some green beans. My daughter is thinking about getting an Instant Pot, and I just kept telling her--there's this lady on the the internet who makes everything in hers...I guess my son-in-law has a lady at work who uses hers constantly, as well. We did our potatoes for 12 minutes. They came out great. Thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. Sorry about your stove, but I’m glad you were able to use your IP to get you through. They’re really versatile devices.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...