Sunday, February 18, 2018

Sunday Afternoon Update

It feels like it has been forever since I have just taken the time to chatter away about life.  I'm sorry.  Things have been busy.  I'm finding I can do videos because I am recording while I am working.

On the frugal front -- I've done the usual being careful about waste, watching my electric usage, and only traveling when necessary.  I did pick up some ground beef at a great price, and I prepped it for some freezer meal.  I also cooked a whole chicken today, and I have four quarts of chicken broth going in the canner.  We ate a meal, packed a nice lunch for my husband for tomorrow, and still have enough left for quesadillas this week.

On the food front -- We have done surprisingly well at eating what is on the menu.  However, we have just picked from the list rather than stick to any days.  I do find I am feeling stifled by it.  I am seriously considering doing one week at a time next month to change up the rhythm.  I did add some more meals to the freezer, and I also added a spice cake.

On the school front -- I have made the executive decision to not take classes for mini session B.  It was a long drawn out process, but I feel like this is what is best for me right now.  I'll revisit the courses closer to time for the summer session and see where I stand then.

Now that I've summarized the week, I'm wondering what I did to make up 7 days of life.  LOL  Actually I've taken 4 quizzes, written two papers, finished a term paper, filmed a presentation, and still met all my other obligations.  It just doesn't show up on paper.  I also finished a crafting project that I'll share tomorrow.

I hope you are all having a great week.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are going to be able to take it a little easier for a little while. It seems like your life is pretty busy, even without school. It's like me, who has corrected and graded for hours this weekend. All I have is a binder with a lot of scores, and a satisfied feeling because I know exactly what needs to be done this week, and because I'm almost ready for my meeting to turn in those grades. Meanwhile, the dishes are piled up in the kitchen, I've moved on to another project (sewing) so the table is covered with those supplies! I finished one skirt I started a long time ago, for Patsy, and have moved on to cutting out nightwear. I'm excited. I haven't sewed for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow...when I hear about weeks of grading I am almost glad days of school “teacher” are over for me....almost. I’m looking forward to seeing what you sew. I have some projects just lingering. I’m really hoping to get back to doing some of those things. (I even have a quilt about 1/3 of the way quilted.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...