Monday, May 22, 2017

Monday Monday ....

My husband stayed home today...still not feeling perfect.  I had an errand to run and while I was out I stopped in at Aldi to pick up some sodas.  They had eggs for 89 cents a dozen so I picked up four dozen while I was there.  I also picked up some salsa because I was totally out.  (I had originally decided I would just do without it, but since I was there anyway I went ahead and got some.).  I managed to spend some time in the kitchen today.  I baked two loaves of French bread. The recipe was one I hadn't tried before.  The loaves aren't as pretty as I would have liked, but my family says they taste good so I consider it a win.
 
Of course, the menu changed when I found out my husband would be home.
Kind of funny, since I didn't make it through Monday.
I marinated some pork chops and grilled those.
I served them with fried cabbage, carrot sticks, and cucumber slices.
 

2 comments:

  1. I think your french bread loaves are quite lovely! That they taste good is just a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I opted to not brush them with egg and I wonder if that would have boosted the color....but they are almost totally gone so I will probably use the recipe again.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...