Friday, December 8, 2017

3 of 12 — Pinto Bean Brownies


Recipe 3 of the 12 Days of Pintos came about faster than I had planned.
My grandson was helping me research recipes and saw the brownie recipe.
He had to have them “right now.”
Since I had the foresight to cook extra pinto beans, I decided they were destined to go in this recipe.


The original recipe linked above is vegan.
However, I made changes that made it vegetarian and allergy friendly for me.
I replaced the flax seed with one egg.
I used Sunbutter instead of peanut butter.
I used turbinado sugar and went with the 1/2 cup.
I also used corn oil instead of coconut oil.


Please ignore the flash.
I basically tossed it all in the food processor and let it mix until I had a batter consistency.



This shows the color better.  I divided it into 12 portions and baked it for 23 minutes. 


This is the baked results. 
These are quite good!
They have a nice texture and the flavor is good.
They’re not super sweet, but I did not add any chocolate chips or other add ins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...