Thursday, December 21, 2017

Food Storage Breakfast (Recipe Included)


For those of you who are comfortable using an electric pressure cooker, a hot breakfast doesn’t get much easier than this.
I use an Instant Pot, but will include the times and pressure for reference.
This is all food storage items that most pantries will have.

This recipe was shared with me.
I’m sharing what I changed and then I’ll share in parentheses what they did.

Pumpkin Oatmeal

1 cup old fashioned oats (steel cut)
3 cups of water
1/2 can of pumpkin —not pie filling
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (cinnamon)
1/2 cup dried cranberries (raisins)
1 to 2 teaspoons of butter if desired, but totally optional

Put the items in your pot in that order.  DO NOT STIR.
In the Instant Pot, use the porridge setting and change the pressure to low.

For other pressure cookers, do low on 20 minutes.

Release pressure, stir, and serve.

This makes 4 or so large servings.
My husband and I ate, and I put away that much more in the refrigerator for the next day.

He declared it the best oatmeal he had ever had.
Needless to say I’ll be keeping it in the repeat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...