Monday, December 11, 2017

4 of 12 — Homemade Hamburger Helper

In my research for pinto bean recipes I ran across a recipe for homemade hamburger helper that had beans added.  I didn’t like the way that recipe sounded and decided to try another (simply adding beans.). This dish was a hit with my family.    My package of ground beef was large and I actually divided it into two.  (The second half was cooked up into taco meat with 3/4 cup of mashed pinto beans added.  A freebie if you will.  Simply add one or two teaspoons more of taco seasoning to your meat mixture.  I cooked this at the same time I cooked the hamburger helper and put it aside for the next day.)

The original recipe I used for hamburger helper is by Kimberly of  The Daring Gourmet.



I made a few changes.  No avacado oil, no onion, I made beef broth using bouillon, I used tomato powder to make my tomato paste, I used Spanish style paprika, and I used cheese and pasta I had on hand.  I also stirred in almost 1 cup of pinto beans to further fluff the meal and add some more fiber.  (Gluten free pastas are notoriously lacking in fiber.)






This recipe yielded 6 generous servings.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was pretty tasty and my daughter, who is by far the pickiest eater, really liked it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It was a hit. My family has requested I make it again.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...