Friday, August 11, 2017

Canning and Reading

Do canning and reading go together?  Why yes, they do!

While there are times I groan about an open floor plan -- like when you have guests over for dinner and you feel awful about having to clean up the dishes while they watch because if not the whole house looks unkempt -- there are times when an open floor plan is nice.  Canning season is one of those times. I have to be in the room to monitor the canner.  I always do a quick clean up while the canner is going and then I find a spot to settle in.  Sometimes I crochet and sometimes I read. 

 Today I read.




I read while the pork tenderloin cubes canned.
These are simply seasoned with salt and will be perfect for a variety of dishes --
Stews, adding vinegar based barbecue sauce to, adding tomato based barbecue sauce to, taco seasoning, etc.
 I deliberately don't quite fill the jars so I have extra broth for making gravy should I decide to do so.


Mama also surprised me with a bag of tomatoes from one of my sister-in-laws.
There was enough to make a decent amount of pasta sauce.



(I promise the color isn't off -- I just have poor lighting in my kitchen, but on a totally non canning note I talked to the electrician today about rectifying that situation.  He's coming by as soon as he is in town so he can look at the three jobs we need done.)

So you see -- canning and reading are related in my world!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...