Sunday, August 27, 2017

Frugality?

A pan of cornbread we ate on for several days.

The week turned out to be a relatively inexpensive one.

 In no particular order:

1.  I was able to pull my husband's meals for the week from our food storage.  Requiring no grocery store trip!

 2.  I canned soup, which let me shift some more things from the freezer as we near hurricane season. 

3.  I was given a $100 gift card, which we used for some oddities.  We have discovered that eating on campus in the short time my daughter has between classes is impossible.  There are too many students and too few places to eat.  So we have regrouped.  She wil be taking a meal one day a week and heavy snacks for the other days.  The one day a week she can use a cooler (left in the car), but the other days items have to be totally portable.  We purchased protein bars, bottled sodas, bottled coffees, individually wrapped cookies, and some other items like that.  While these are by no means inexpensive, they are as always less than eating out.  (Several of her classrooms will allow sodas with screw on lids, but not "open" sodas.). The remainder went into extra bags of coffee for the pantry since I was down to opening the last bag.

 4.  I spent $74 on various items including: a can opener, oats, cornmeal, frozen pizzas, jelly making supplies, and bottled waters for travel.  I also bought some gluten free breads to try.  Other than the pizzas everything was to replace things that had been used up.

 5.  I hung laundry to dry.  

 6.  I checked out three library books.

 7.  I ordered some used research books on Amazon.  None of the local libraries had them.

 8.   I was given a two bags of books.  Some we are passing on, but others went on my shelf for me to read.  

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great week. Can your daughter take a thermos of soup? Is there a commuter or other named lounge with a microwave to reheat something from home? Just some ideas

    ReplyDelete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...