Sunday -- We had a quiet day at home. We washed and detailed the cars. Picked up a free "icee" from the local McDonald's for my daughter in hopes it would soothe her throat. I worked on some tatted crosses that were ordered.
Monday through Friday
- I spent a lot of the week canning various things. I also used a coupon to help stock up some items we were running low on (for our pantry stuff) including some wheat free products for me.
- We utilized the local health department to get a free vaccination that my daughter needs for college. I'm wondering if with her immune system problems if that is what helped contribute to her current medical status despite them saying she was fine to have it.
- I worked on Christmas presents. I finished several doilies and started another. I had an order for 4 more crosses so they are in the works.
- We ate leftovers and/or from our food on hand. We had company over for one meal and used home canned items.
- I dyed my own hair. (Sigh -- the gray at the temples comes back far faster than I can justify going to a salon.)
- I found cat litter at half the price I normally pay for the same amount and strength. I used the drying rack, saved water for plants, etc.
- We spent $4 on bottle sodas/waters while out for her vaccinations. Poor planning on my part.
- I picked up a few supplies at Michaels. I did use coupons so that helped, but it still cost more than I had estimated.
- I bought a book of Christmas ornament patterns. I was able to use a download option so that helped on shipping.
- I replaced my pots and pans. It was time. I use some non stick items and when they begin to wear, we simply replace them to be safer.
- My daughter ended up in urgent care and on two extra medications. I had to order more canning lids. However, the end of my jars is in sight. Probably only have 40 to 50 left.
- I placed an online order for some wheat free mixes. Sadly one of the few stores here that carries what I needed has open seafood areas and I cannot go in. I think the cost may be less online, but in order to get the lower cost I have to buy in bulk. Of course, compared to the cost of an ER trip this is still preferrable.
So that is how our week has been. Other than one day I have been home all week...with the exception of a quick 30 minute run to the grocery store.