We also opted to run the dryer to speed up the laundry process just to be safe, which is not on my frugal list.
However, I did do some frugal things:
1. We cooked from our food storages and I cooked enough in the evenings to cover lunch for the next day.
2. I bought 13 books at the 50 cents book sale at our local library. One was the cookbook I referenced and the rest are pleasure reading. I'll read these, pass them on to Mama, who will send them back to me, and then I'll redonate them to the library. An amusing cycle, but a great way to support the library and to introduce myself to some new to me authors at a low cost.
3. I did our stock up supplies at Aldi, with the exception of some extra water I purchased at Sam's Club.
4. I ordered two cushions I needed online. Target was advertising them on sale, but the local store didn't have them. I ordered them online and managed to get a 10% additional discount on the sale price.
5. I continued to entertain myself with my research project and the shawl I am crocheting.
And my shawl is growing: