Monday, September 18, 2017

Last Week's Frugalities

Last week was a pretty good week for us as far as frugalities went.

I did not leave the house until Friday morning, so we saved on gas and it kept me from spending.
I ordered a few household items we needed.  I was able to get them on sale and then the store offered me an additional $5 off it I would take slower shipping.  I said of course!  Ironically everything arrived within a day of each other anyway.

We ate from our storage until Friday night.  My husband requested pizza and we used coupons to get the price lowered.  Two ended up costing us pretty much what one usually costs.


We tried the new gluten free pizza from Papa John's and I did by "cheese" my husband could eat for us to add to it.
That ran the cost up some


While out over the weekend, I picked up some more mushrooms from Dollar Tree, some flowers for a wreath, and some note cards.
I use the notecards for writing to my penpals.

We spent some time clearing some more things out of the garage.
While we were out there I found my jello molds, so they are now hanging in my kitchen.
I had begun to think they were lost in the move.

I found stocking stuffers for my son's Christmas gift.  I also found a board game for my grandson.

I had guests over, and I pulled together a corn chowder from food storage.
It was a hit.

Because I had to go to the "expensive" store to buy the vegan cheese, I checked their seasonal coffees.
We usually buy a bag or two each season as a treat.
Two bags will last us a while.
I cannot drink horribly strong coffee, so I make it 2/3 to 3/4 strength and I add milk to my cup.
The bonus is that stretches out how long a bag will last.


Of course, I did a few things that were not as frugal as I could have chosen.
I did not hang clothes to dry.
We had a week with an odd schedule for my husband and I needed a quick turn around.

We also opted to pick up a take out lunch.  I did use coupons, but I know I could have made something cheaper at home.



2 comments:

  1. Nicely done! I want a week where I can stay home until Friday. Life seems to be interrupting me at every turn lately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice. Of course, this week I have somewhere to be every single day and no chance of combining things.

      Delete

Due to a large volume of spamming I’ve had to undo the “anyone” can comment feature. Hoping this lets all of us not have to wade through the hoopla.

Winnie the Pooh Crochet Along Playlist

 Just popping this on here really quick for those that contacted me and asked for help. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLDY94ekqubPTj...